The Kellogg Family Foundation is a proud partner with the Red Cross and we want to take the time this month to honor Red Cross Month. This is a month dedicated to the people in our community, country, and world who help those in need. These everyday heroes help out by offering shelter, donating blood, delivering care packages to military troops, volunteering and so much more.
A little history about the American Red Cross: It’s been around for more than 135 years! Red Cross workers are a key part of America’s response to war, disaster, and human suffering. President Roosevelt actually designated the month of March to be Red Cross Month in 1943 and since then, every U.S. president has honored that designation. March is a month to shine a light on how the Red Cross helps people all across the country and around the world.
During Red Cross Month, you can become a hero too.
- Become a volunteer and help out in your local community.
- Become a blood donor! Donating blood can help a patient on their road to recovery.
- Take a CPR class so that you can help in an emergency.
- Make a preparedness plan with your family.
- Make a financial donation to our organization; every penny helps us support those in need.
You can find more information on how to support your local Red Cross chapter by visiting http://www.redcross.org/